Consulting: Design and Development of a Sales Forecasting and
Demand Planning program
Our approach to process design is consensus and customer driven!
Before designing a demand planning program, you should ask the
Forecast customer about the content and characteristics of the
demand plan. Since Demand planning is customer driven, a Sales
Forecasting Process is an integral part of this initiative.
The demand planning process should be designed
to deliver an accurate forecast - right product, right time and
right location! The demand plan should have consensus from all organizational
functions on the demand side.
This is only possible if Sales Forecast intelligence can be
obtained without much interruption to the Sales Force.
Our guiding objective is to
design a best-in-class process to deliver an accurate, one-number
plan to the Supply Chain!
The Key steps in our process model are:
- Assess the deamnd forecast needs of the down-stream customer
- Identify Roles and Responsibilities of the organization on the
demand side including Sales, Marketing, Product Development and
- Map Historical Data and recommend appropriate demand forecast models
- Design the sub-process for Sales Forecasting including
promotional and Event Planning and
integrate it with the CRM process in the organization.
- Design Consensus process and define appropriate review
- Define the rules for forecast reconciliation and Demand consensus
- Define exception management for demand and supply volatility.
Our focus is to enable you to manage the process by exception. We
have data mining capabilities to dig into your process and help
you develop exception management
- Define the process for identifying Supply constraints and Reverse
Feed-back. Demand Management is a continuous process and thrives
on constant communication, feedback and action. We help you implement
processes that are self-sustaining and continuously improving
- Define Holistic Metrics and processes for continuous improvement.
We help you design end-to-end Value Chain Metrics including key
measurements for the Demand Chain. It is important to measure your
entire demand chain not just the demand planners
Our Consulting model employs the six-sigma methodology of DMAIC.
- Improve and Control
Because of the diverse experience of DemandPlanning.Net Consultants,
we can design and deliver the process in almost half the
time and resource costs required by some of the bigger consulting
houses. We add value to your process design in two ways:
- With our knowledge base of best practices and the benchmark industry
process, we can analyze and recommend processes and benchmarks rather
- Our central philosophy is exception management grounded in the
Six-Sigma principles. This helps design a very effective process
that is time-efficient as well
Contact Us for additional information regarding our consulting services.